Ever wonder how to fold a fitted sheet? The rest of your bedding is pretty straightforward, but that fitted one is like the Rubix Cube of sheets.
So we’ll show you how to do it.
Here’s the secret.
What Is The Easiest Way To Fold A Fitted Sheet?
So you’re wanting to learn how to fold a fitted sheet like a grown adult. Finally. You’re tired of doing the arm-tumbling-fold thing where you ball it up and stuff it in an extra pillowcase.
Just follow these 8 steps. Don’t worry, it’s easier than it sounds.
- Stand holding the sheet by two of the corners. Just look for the divots in the sheet. Make sure it’s a short end of the sheet between your arms so you’re not drowning in fabric. Put one hand in each of the two corners of the sheet. Make sure the sheet is inside out.
- Move your right hand to your left. Fold the corner on your right hand over the corner of your left hand. The corner on top should now be right-side out. Now reach down and grab the bottom-right corner with your right hand. Fold that bottom-right corner over the other two corners. This third corner will be inside out.
- Grab the last corner. Fold it over the other corners so it’s right-side out.
- Put the folded sheet on something flat like your bed, desk, or table and straighten it out.
- Fold the two edges so you can’t see any of the elastic trim.
- Fold the sheet into a rectangle shape.
- Continue folding until the rectangle is the size you want it to be.
- Put it in your linen closet or wherever you plan on storing it.
If this seems like way too much work, you might be right. A lot of people just use the bumble method, even when they know how to do it the right way.
If you don’t want to put the effort in to properly fold those fitted sheets, you can always try un-wrinkling them before using them instead.
How Do You Un-wrinkle Sheets?
For those of you who don’t want to fold your sheets, we have good news. You can just un-wrinkle them before you use them.
Try un-wrinkling them by doing one of the following:
- Iron them (You don’t have to put in a ton of effort, just a quick once over is good enough)
- Throw your sheets in the dryer with a couple of ice cubes for 30 minutes
- Throw your sheets in the dryer with a couple of damp towels
- Wash them and put them on your mattress once they’re dried (if they’ve been stored for a few months they should probably be washed anyway)
- Use a hairdryer (you’ll be amazed what a little bit of heat can do)
Some of these un-wrinkling methods are super easy, and some of them are harder. It’s up to present-you to decide whether or not future-you should put in the effort.
Get The Sleep You Need Even If Your Sheets Aren’t Perfect
So now you know how to fold a fitted sheet. Maybe you’ll start doing it, and maybe you won’t. We’re just here to help you get the highest quality sleep around.
But what we will say is, if you’re looking to upgrade your sleep game by getting a new mattress, consider getting a Simmons mattress.
Check out our mattress options today!